Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bridesmaid: Laura


I cannot tell you how excited I am to have my future sister-in-law next to me while Brett and I take the plunge.  Laura has been married to Brett's older brother Will for almost 4 years.  I have enjoyed her friendship so much since Brett and I started dating.  From the first time I met her back in April 2010, I knew we would get along.  We were able to understand each other just by using our eyes across the room.  Laura makes all the sports/political talk by the Hickman men bearable. We sit there just looking at each other (sometimes rolling our eyes and laughing) while they go on about sports trivia, how great Carolina is, how bad Wake is, how much they hate Duke, and any political topic they can think of.  I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.
From the brief time I've known Laura, I know that she'll be there whenever I have a problem, just like a real sister.  She has been very present in the engagement process, calling to check in, asking how I'm doing and seeing if I need any help.  I appreciate her thoughtfulness and honesty as I get closer to marriage.  Even though she has quite a few biological sisters (she comes from a large Italian family), I'm so excited that I will be able to call her my sister too.

No comments:

Post a Comment