Monday, February 27, 2012

Bridesmaid: Michelle

I don't think there are words to describe my relationship with Michelle. I met Meesh at Crusade my freshman year, found out she lived a couple floors above me in Tyler.  From then on, we were destined to be roommates.  The funny thing is, Michelle and I are fairly opposite.  She is a sorority girl, loves to wear pearls and everything monogrammed, and Lilly is one of her favorite women.  When she met me, I wore t-shirts and jeans (sweatpants if I could get away with it), didn't have my ears pierced, and my idea of jewelry was the hair tie on my wrist.  I think that's why we worked so well.

Since my roommate wasn't around much my freshman year, Michelle would always come down.  We would sit there and talk and watch TV.  It was decided over Christmas conference that year that we would be roommates the next year.  I had no idea what adventures I was about ready to get into my sophomore year.

First, I got my ears pierced!!! Then, she got me in headbands and dressing up more (the picture below was my first time in a headband since grade school).  I even started liking monogrammed things. I cannot tell you how many late nights we had just talking.  And I mean talking until 3 or so in the morning.  Our thing became making cookies and watching Grey's.  We would IM each other, even though I could reach back and touch her from my desk. 


We moved into the suites with Jess and Megan (where we officially became the Fantastic 4).  She stood by my side through some difficult/frustrating times junior year, and didn't get upset when I would go on and on about things.  She is a fantastic listener.  I often called her my saving grace because she made things seem like everything was going to be okay.


To be honest, I was sort of sad moving into my own room senior year.  I knew I would miss being able to turn over in my bed, see Meesh across the room, and start talking if I needed to.  I mean Meesh is my bestie, bestest, sister in Christ, fellow Hannah Montana lover, accountability partner, and roomie.  Good thing we had a living room in which we could still stay up really late and talk.  


I owe much of my sanity from college to Meesh.  I am thankful for her companionship, trust, open ear, sense of fashion, and friendship.  Love you roomie!!



2 comments:

  1. 7-11!!!!! :)

    And it's been fun learning about the ladies you've picked to stand with you. Makes me miss my college friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be a weird question but what do you mean by 7-11? Haha.

    ReplyDelete