In addition to my dad and Brett, Chris is one of the men who has shaped me into who I am today. After all, he has known me almost as long as my parents have since he's my brother. "Kiss," as I called him when I was little, is the best brother.Like any sibling relationship, we have had moments when we hated each other. For one of his birthdays in middle school, our parents bought him a punching bag so that he take some of his aggression out on it instead of me. Being the adventurous person I am (ha), I climbed into the huge box (yes I know I was 10 at the time). Chris proceeded to pick up the 50 pound punching bag and throw it on top of the box while I was in there.
Although I didn't appreciate it at the time, Chris has always been the type of brother who is extremely protective over his little sister. He didn't let bullies pick on me. In elementary school, he told a bully to take his bike instead of mine. He never hesitated to tell me that I was in the wrong about liking certain guys. I always knew in my head I wasn't supposed to like these guys, but I was too stubborn to listen to his opinion. Good thing he likes Brett :)
Aside from my dad, Chris is the man I've been around the most in my life. During the summertime, we would often play street hockey or tag until bedtime. We would have nerf wars inside the house and play games with Sasha. He was my best friend during our moves to North Carolina (the first time), Ohio, Virginia, and back to North Carolina. Just having him on the same bus next to me the first day at a new school gave me comfort and peace. I could get through the uncomfortableness of being the new kid because I knew he was going through the same thing, and we were there to support each other. In high school, I would endure Chris' scream-o music during our drives to school and around town. I cried when he left for college. He took me under his wing when I got to ECU, sharing his friends with me and eating meals with me until I got on my own two feet. He was there for my graduation. Chris was the first person I actually talked to after getting engaged.I admire my brother's wisdom and value his opinion just like I do Dad's and Brett's opinions. He has taught me more about marriage and relying on God to get through the tough times within the past year than anyone else. I am proud of who he is in Christ. I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about him and how much he means to me. Despite everything we've been through growing up, I can honestly say I couldn't ask for a better brother. He will always be one of the most important men in my life. I love you brother!!









No comments:
Post a Comment