I apologize that it's been almost a month since I've blogged. Life has been crazy since the wedding. We went to Fort Lauderdale for our honeymoon (post to follow soon). The day after we got back, we moved my stuff down to our apartment in South Carolina. A special thanks to Jess, Greg, Jonathan, AJ, Trey, Issac and my family for their help with my stuff. I'm very thankful that I had that week off because it took me a whole week to unpack! We're still trying to settle in so I'll put up pictures of our new place soon. I really like it!
On the 4th of July, Brett suggested we have some of the players over for dinner. Quite a few of the players are here for summer school. For the freshmen, it's their first time at school away from their parents. He sent out a message inviting them over to our apartment for dinner. We decided on the typical 4th of July menu: homemade hamburgers, hotdogs, cheese potatoes, baked beans, and my annual 4th of July cake.
We had planned on having 6 guys come; instead 11 of them showed up!! Luckily we had enough food for everyone. I have to tell you, I LOVED being able to serve them and make them feel like they were cared for even though they were away from home. I also loved being able to see Brett interacting with his guys. I've never seen him with them away from the field. They brought out the Xbox and were talking junk to each other. It was quite entertaining.
The fellas cleared out the food pretty quickly. To my surprise, when they left, everyone gave me a hug. It made me feel appreciated. Even though I was in the kitchen almost the entire time and my ankles were swollen by the time the players left, I'm so excited to be able to serve with Brett in this ministry. It's already teaching me to be a better wife and to be more selfless.
No comments:
Post a Comment