This past weekend I traveled with Brett to Ocean Isle to participate in Drew and Meghan's wedding. Drew is a childhood friend, one of the four other guys Brett grew up with. We were able to take off Thursday night so we could get there for the rehearsal on Friday.
Meghan and Drew got married at the beautiful St. Thomas Preservation Hall in historic Wilmington, originally built in 1846 and located within blocks of the river. After the rehearsal, we walked down to the River Room for the rehearsal dinner. Meghan and Drew's favorite meal is pizza and pasta so Susie and Donald (Drew's parents) had that catered.
After we ate, the bride and groom wanted to have an open mic for people to tell stories. I really enjoyed this part of the evening. You see, Brett grew up with a very close knit group of friends: Drew, Jordan, Stuart, Peanut (Chris), and him. When you saw one of them, you typically saw the other four. I never got to experience this because we moved around so much. Brett always talked about their friendship, but I never really understood until I watched Jordan, Stuart, Peanut, and Brett get up at the mic and talk about Drew. Each brought something different to their group. Even when they don't see each other, they know without a doubt that if something happens, they have each others back. I love that. Made me somewhat teary watching them interact with each other.
| Meghan and her 11 bridesmaids |
| Brett telling stories about Drew |
Saturday, Brett had to get to the church early to take pictures with the rest of the bridal party. I rode with Yogi and Gail. We got to the ceremony early so we could get a seat close to the front. Laura, Maggie, and I were talking so much that Sam ended up switching with Laura so we could all sit together (sorry for taking Maggie away from you Sam).
Meghan and Drew's ceremony was beautiful. They really wanted to showcase God's love in their wedding and make it a worship experience. They and their guests sang a worship song. They also washed each others feet as a symbol of serving each other, just like Jesus did to the disciples. That got me a little choked up, especially being married myself now.
You could really tell how excited Meghan was to get married. Don't get me wrong, all brides are excited to marry her love. Meghan jumped up and down with the biggest smile on her face after the reverend pronounced them husband and wife. It was so cute.
| My sisters |
| My only picture from the wedding. Love Drew's smile here. |
After the ceremony, the staff at the hall had to flip the upstairs for the reception. We stood outside and ate some munchies. During the reception, as soon as the music started, Brett hit the dance floor. He, Sam, ad the rest of their friends danced until they were drenched with sweat. It was quite entertaining to watch.
| The love of my life |
| Peanut, Drew, Jordan, Brett, and Stuart |
| Yes they actually pretended like they were using a jump rope, even double dutch at times. |
| The groomsmen dance |
Meghan and Drew, thank you for including us in your wedding festivities. Christ's love is so apparent in you and in your relationship. I have no doubt that your marriage will be used for His kingdom. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sellers!
No comments:
Post a Comment